Season 7 Episode 3 “A surprise leap forward in time strands Enoch in 1931 and lands the team in another unfamiliar decade; in order to stop the chronicoms from launching their future-dismantling plan, the agents must infiltrate one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s most secure bases.”
What I Liked?
1. We see where the team landed or went to and it’s no other than the desert, 1955. Not only was this in a desert but it was also Area 51 which is an early SHIELD base. Loved Daisy’s line about conspiracy theories being correct, a little nod to her storyline in season 1.
2. Simmons and Coulson’s head are undercover at Area 51 to find the Chronicoms. Simmon’s undercover name was Margaret Carter AKA Peggy Cater. Simmons and Coulson plan to do emotion tests on the scientists to find out who’s human or not. Quite a funny scene to be honest.
3. We got to see an old friend, Daniel Sousa, Peggy Carter’s former partner in the Agent Carter series. He finds out that Peggy is on the base but runs into Simmons and ends up arresting her and Coulson until Daisy comes as a CIA agent.
4. We come to learn that Sousa was onto sleeper agents inside the SHIELD agency. This will become a part of next week’s episode which is interesting to see. Since Sousa had a feeling about sleeper agents, could Peggy Carter also of known about them?
5. I love how overpowered (with exception to the EMP in this episode) they’ve made this LMD version of Coulson, I’m quickly becoming a fan of it.
What I Disliked?
1. An insanely slow start to the episode wasn’t much done or to talk about until halfway into the episode which sucked. I hope not many other episodes are like this.
2. The lack of action until the last 15 minutes of the episode. Kind of understands why but Its the final season, they should go all out on action scenes, etc.
Agent May and Yo-Yo throw tear gas into the room where the scientist and Chronicom are, whoever doesn’t react is who they need to stop, however, Yo-Yo can’t use her powers and Agent May gets some form of PTSD from the finale of last season.
Coulson, as I said earlier, I’m quickly becoming a fan of this version of Coulson, doesn’t quite have the same feeling like the real Coulson but he’s up there.
An average episode of Agents of SHIELD this week which was kind of disappointing. So many throwbacks to earlier seasons and Agent Carter, nice to see Daniel Sousa from Agent Carter again. Overall the episode lacked action until the last 15 minutes or so and the story was kind of boring if I’m being honest.