Season 7 Episode 11 “With help from Kora on the inside, Sibyl and Nathanial continue their fight to shape a dark new future for S.H.I.E.L.D., managing to stay one step ahead of the agents along the way.”
What I Liked?
1. Daisy is enraged with Nathanial kidnapping Simmons so when Coulson and May bring Kora back to the lighthouse base, Daisy goes straight for her, using her powers chokes Kora up against A wall.
2. Kora is being questioned by the team, she explains it all to them and even fills them in on this being a brand new timeline, and the one they are protecting is long gone.
3. Nathanial is infiltrating Simmons mind using the Chronicom machine, after going through a few old memories of Fitz and Simmons, they leave her mind, Nathanial storms off and Simmons goes to check on Deke, he asks her is Nathanial found Fitz and Simmons has completely forgotten who Fitz is.
4. Daisy, Sousa, and Mack all go in the quinjet and head into space, Daisy and Mack talk about what Enoch told Daisy about this being the team’s final mission together, this was an emotional scene because you truly felt the cast felt sad about the final season. Mack, later on, has a “overprotective family member talk” with Sousa about his intentions with Daisy.
5. Sibyl unlocks the cell doors after Kora knocks the power out with one hit. The soldiers who became Inhumans try to sneak up on Yo-Yo and try to kill her but she uses her speed to subdue them both.
6. Kora is trying to get the team to join them otherwise they’ll start crossing people off her list to save thousands, she offers a freebie… she offers to kill a child version of Grant Ward.
7. Nathanial’s plan is revealed. Coulson finds out why they actually went into space. It’s to send a message to the Chronicoms who come through portals with about 5 spaceships and they all open fire on every single SHIELD base, we get to see the Triskelion building be destroyed.
What I Disliked?
This might just me nitpicking since I couldn’t find anything else wrong with the episode but I hated when Daisy tried to sneak off on her own, just like she did when she found Ghost Rider.
May has had enough of Kora trying to prove to them that Nathanial is right, so she tells Kora that she’s about to show her the truth for once in her life. May takes Kora to see Jiaying’s body, Kora cries and tries to give her some energy but finds out her neck is snapped by a quake, she immediately thinks it’s Daisy but May tells her Jiaying tried to save Daisy from Nathanial. A small ensues but Kora gets teleported out.
Surprisingly, Nathanial has taken this week’s standout. He’s quickly proven himself to be a great villain for the team. Very tactical and smart since he’s got the time stream.
A really, really amazing episode this week. From start to finish it was just straight action, emotional conversations, and reveals. We got to see the end of SHIELD with every base being destroyed. The finale should be amazing.