Season 7 Episode 2 “With the identity of the timeline-unraveling “threat” revealed, the team’s mission to protect him at all costs leads each agent to question their own values.”
What I Liked?
1. We get to see a piece of flashback back involving May and the Spirits she fought in the finale of last season. She quickly awakens and has a talk with Enoch where he tells her Jemma has saved her using the technology she’s acquired and informs May that she died for a certain amount of time, he also tells her that she’s in 1931.
2. Koenig hides Coulson, Daisy, Yoyo, Jemma, and the mystery lady in a secret room away from the chronicom police. Koenig even drinks the shot of whiskey that had a bullet into keep up the secret, Yoyo messes up as she spots a wine bottle falling onto the ground but didn’t use her super-speed to catch it.
3. May and Enoch get into a hand to hand fight to stop May from leaving the plane, it’s a pretty good back and forth fight until May gets the best of Enoch and begins smashing him in the head with a fire extinguisher until Coulson tells her to stop.
4. Koenig gets brought onto the plane with the team, his reaction to this future technology and Enoch was priceless. Koenig goes on the mission to rescue Frankie along with Deke and Mack but can’t talk sense into Frankie who ends up shooting Koenig in the shoulder. While this is happening, Enoch misses the time jump with the team and ends up staying with Koenig in 1931.
What I Disliked?
1. Daisy is wanting to change history or affect it in some way, she wants to stop Hydra from forming but even after Coulson talks sense into her, she still plans to change history.
2. I didn’t like the stuff with Yo-Yo this episode, I get that it could be PTSD from the shrike but it was just weird to see.
3. Daisy tells Deke to take the shot at Frankie after explaining who he is to him and what he’ll end up doing, Even when Mack gave Deke a direct order he still takes the shot but ends up shooting at the Chronicoms.
Simmons is testing the sample she got of the mystery lady’s shoe, after a while she finds out what it actually is… and it’s something huge. The sample she found was a sample of the key ingredient in the Super Soldier Serum that Captain America got used on him in WW2 and Frankie is going to deliver it to Red Skull.
Surprisingly this week, the standout character was Enoch. He put up a decent fight against one of the best SHIELD fighters, next to Black Widow and Grant Ward.
Another great episode. So many tie-ins with the larger MCU stories like Captain America The First Avenger, The key ingredient to the Super-Soldier Serum, and mention of Red Skull? Could Koenig get the idea for LMD’s from Enoch?