Season 5 Episode 5 “When Sara is called away on business, she leaves Ava in charge and Ava tries to impress the team as they try to take on their latest Encore, Marie Antionette. With Zari still on the ship, Behrad convinces the team to bring her along on the mission which they all hope isn’t a mistake. Meanwhile, Constantine finally confronts someone from his past with the help of Charlie, which leads him on a journey through his past.”
What I Liked?
1. My first point is how the writers for Legends how they actually acknowledges Constantine’s past from his previous canceled show. It’s not major but it is nice to be able to continue from his own show in terms of characters and stories.
2. I liked how in this episode Constantine had to actually face his demons in terms of the ghost of Astra’s mother. This was a great scene because it truly showcased Constantine coming to terms with his mistakes. Constantine needed to admit to himself that these things happen but him and Astra’s mother might have a plan to save her.
3. I love how truly dark being in Hell has made Astra. She’s not only letting the darkest souls out of Hell to wreak havoc on Earth but she’s moved Constantine’s death up.
What I Disliked?
1. Gary. He’s such a unnecessary character who causes more trouble then actually saving the day. He’s meant to be this funny character but the show forces him too hard.
2. The new version of Zari is completely annoying but is how most social influences are nowadays. Not only is this character annoying but she messes up the timeline in a big way too by looking at her future and trying to mess with time.
3. Ava was wrote so well and actually decent the past few episodes but that just got thrown out this week which was not needed at all.
4. The show its self has wasted characters which deserve better.
Didn’t have a favourite moment this episode but I’ll just say any scene with Constantine was my favourite.
Constantine. He was the one and only saving grace of this episode and the only reason the episode got this high of a rating.
The worst episode of the entire series of Legends. The episode started off boring, ended by being boring. The only good points were Constantine and Charlie facing Constantine’s demons. The episode was underwhelming and disappointing.