Season 4 Episode 9 ”When the legends hear that Mona has let a fugitive go, they must head to 1961 Mexico City to clean up her mess; Nate and Zari go on a recon mission to find out what Hank might be hiding from everyone.”
The Good & The Bad
1. Legends of Tomorrow returns from it’s mid season break into a lucha libre style wrestling episode. While the wrestling was great from what we saw in the episode it doesn’t save the episode from being kind of dull and boring.
2. In this episode we see Zari investigate the bureau to see if Mona was innocent and was being framed out letting Konane out of his prison cell, Zari finds out that it is infact Nates father that altered the footage and is framing Mona, Zari tells Sara and the rest of the Legends so the Legends end up protecting Mona and Konane and hide them from the bureau.
1. I’ll start off by saying Ava was annoying this episode, when she found out about Nates father, she essentially told the Legends to stop looking into it and just to leave it alone, when the Legends never stopped looking into the situation with Nate’s father Ava ended her relationship with Sara, you’d think after a season of them being together Ava would trust Sara more to believe she was doing the right thing by protecting Mona and Konane.
2. While Gary was a great addition to the show last season he is starting to get a little annoying as a character, this doesn’t help Mona getting the better of him and mind wiping him with his Men in Black styled gadget, the same with the Mona character, I just find her extremely infuriating.
3. Ava is supposedly the director of the Time Bureau and the show is aiming to tell me that she doesn’t know that Nates father is kidnapping her prisoners?
Holy Shit Moment
While I thought this episode was bad, it still had a Holy Shit Moment towards the end of the episode, this being of course Mona. We see an agent kill Konane and this enrages Mona and we see her turn into a Kaupe-like creature.
This episode was very boring and had only one plot point that was important which was Nate’s father. I love this show I really do but this season and last season are slacking, it’s turned into a comedy show instead of a serious show like Seasons 1 and 2. I wish it would go back to that.