Season 1 Episode 13 “As the Injustice Society of America come one step closer to accomplishing their mission, Courtney and the JSA face off with Icicle and the villains of the ISA.”
What I Liked
1. Brainwave is now powering the synaptic amplifier, and it arises from underground, into the middle of the sports field at the school. Straight away, we see all adults affected by this, and all children very confused.
2. Beth and chuck must access the frequency blockers under the tunnels, however, the Gambler has firewalls in place to ensure this does not happen. Chuck points out there is one thing that will distract him, his money. They are able to access all of his accounts, and begin to donate all of his money to charities, which was certainly an effective distraction.
3. The new Justice League (Including Pat and the Shining Knight) come up against the members of the Injustice Society as they prepare to destroy the synaptic amplifier. The fight is insane and the team work amazingly together. During the fight the door in which Cindy is locked behind breaks open, along with Cindy, who then kills her own father for locking her up.
4. Yolanda takes on Dragonking’s henchmen, one is left standing. As Yolanda prepares to take him out, he removes his mask and pleads. The man behind the mask appears to be Henry, but Yolanda is not fooled easily and slits “Henry’s” throat. Henry turned out to be his father, Brainwave.
5. As Courtney takes down Cindy, Yolanda has taken down Brainwave, Pat and Hourman are working together to stop Solumun Grundy, Courtney reaches the synaptic amplifier and with her staff, destroys it.
6. Jordan returns to Barbara’s office, and breaks Beth’s glasses, leaving her devastated that she has lost chuck. Jordan then takes Barbara to the rooftop, and shows her the world he is trying to create. Pat arrives just on time to save Barbara, along with Courtney.
7. As Rick prepares to kill Solomun Grundy, he appears to back down to Rick despite his hour almost being up, were not sure as to why but it definitely left an impact.
8. Courtney and Jordan are head to head in battle causing themselves to be blown off the rooftop, along with Barbara. Pat saves Barbara, Yolanda saves Courtney and Jordan is left in the middle of the road. As he stands up ready to end this, who better to end this than Mike, who comes driving up in a car with his dog, and brings an end to Jordan by driving straight into him. I guess you could say he broke the ice. Iconic moment!
9. Another villain is teased as Cindy finds a box which contained a small diamond, who she referred to as Eclipso.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
Just as we thought the episode had finished we had a surprise visitor. Starman himself, who is very much alive and searching for Pat! This was a jaw-dropping end to this season.
It was very hard to choose a standout character this week as they were all amazing! However I am going to give it to the star of the show, Stargirl. She once again blew the roof off in battle, did everything she could to keep her family and friends safe, and on top of that managed to destroy the synaptic amplifier saving everyone.
What an amazing end to this season! So much action, amazing teamwork and a very interesting ending. This episode alone made us excited for what the next season brings!