Season 6 Episode 10 “The Citizen prints an explosive story, Iris’ life is threatened; refusing to hide from her attackers, Iris sets out to expose a dangerous organization; Barry must face consequences of the crisis and fulfill Oliver Queen’s wish for him.”
What I Liked?
01. Jitters reopens after Crisis but immediately gets robbed, The Flash saves the day and is actually happy saving the day. This was a quick scene but it felt so perfect for a pre-crisis episode.
2. Small detail but the new intro for The Flash series is amazing.
3. Lot of things have changed on Earth-prime, we have Freeland, National City, Gorilla City and more on this earth and the history has been rewrote because Cisco couldn’t remember buying a Superman shirt.
4. Oliver leaves his original mask which Barry made to Barry. The mask has a mark on it which causes Barry to think that it’s a clue for the next big villain to come. Barry and Diggle go to Lian Yu which leads into Diggle giving Barry a speech about Oliver in his early days.
5. It feels like Blackhole is the back half of the season’s big bad villain and it looks to be a Iris focused villain. She goes full reporter this episode like in the comics even putting herself in danger to get the scoop. Blackhole sends a new and improved Dr Light to kill Iris but Cecile manages to save them.
6. We come to find out Nash cares for Allegra when they go to STAR Labs and Nash comes in worried for Allegra. It’s not until near the end of the episode when we find out Nash had a partner which was Allegra’s doppelganger.
7. Iris finds out a clue about Blackhole so she goes back to McColloch’s wife’s office where Iris looks around and then gets pulled into a mirror. Will we be dealing with the Mirror Dimension?
What I Disliked?
1. Cisco’s attitude towards Nash because he let the Anti-Monitor out. While I understand Cisco’s reason… without Nash there wouldn’t be paragons left to fix everything had he not sent them away.
2. Harry Wells and Jesse Quick are officially dead. Wasted characters once again. This is a common theme throughout many CW shows.
Joe, Frost and Kamila devise a plan to distract the assassin after Iris while Iris confronts McColloch.
Iris West-Allen. She went full comic Iris and it was fantastic and way over due.
A huge episode for Iris this week as it focused on her reporter side of the character. Lot of Blackhole stuff and many new teases to come. The lack of Barry was not disappointing because he was filming the crossover while this episode was filmed.